Thursday, May 5, 2011

Another Color Challenge at GAB!

Hey Everyone!! It's the first Saturday of the month and time for a color challenge at GAB!!

This week our colors are Kiwi Kiss, Rose Red and Tempting Turquoise. Since Kiwi Kiss is a retired color, you can also use Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz or any other color that is comparable! I chose Old Olive for my card.

With Mother's Day only one day away, I made a Mother's Day card using the Flower Fest set from the Summer Mini Catalog. I fell in love with this set when I saw it and knew I had to have it! This set reminds me of stamps that retired several years ago and I miss this style SO much because you can do a lot with these!

I stamped my images in StazOn Black ink on watercolor paper then colored them with my ink pads and aqua painter. I have become extremely fond of watercoloring lately and I have to tell you all that Diana Gibbs over at Stampin' with Di really inspired me to give it a try! She does such beautiful work all around but her watercoloring is AMAZING! So thank you Diana for your inspiring cards and fabulous shares!

One last thing before I share my card, I just want to wish all of you wonderful mother's out there a VERY Happy Mother's Day! It's such an amazing and rewarding part of life and experience to be a mother!



Stamps: Flower Fest, Something to Celebrate
Ink: StazOn Black, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise, Rose Red
Paper: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Rose Red, Watercolor Paper
Accessories: Scallop Oval Punch, Rhinestones, Old Olive Ribbon,
                     Perfect Polka Dots EF, Aqua Painter, Sponge



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...