Friday, January 28, 2011

For You Grandma...

I participate in the VSN Mini on SCS this past weekend for the first time and the last challenge was to create an encouragement card using only two layers and incorporate crumb cake (kraft) in your card as it is the hostesses favorite color....

When I read this challenge and saw a couple cards that were made as encouragement for those battling cancer I froze. It took me a little while but once I stopped crying and got myself together I knew exactly what I wanted to make. The card I made in memory of my grandmother who lost her battle to cancer on August 28, 2009. She faught Ovarian Cancer for 3 years. She was an active member of our local Relay for Life and always put others before herself. She was the most amazing person I've ever known and always encouraged me to move forward and succeed when life was tough. It has been hard without her but I know she is above looking down on me and proud of everything I've done and accomplished over the past couple years.

I used the Hope Is set with a sentiment from Occasional Quotes. It says "Sometimes you just need to know that someone cares. (That someone is me.)" One of the last things she told me when I was visiting her in the hospital was that she would never have been able to get through her three year battle without the love and support of us(family).





Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...